Accessibility products and services
Fibe TV app
Products and services from Bell Fibe TV app
Read along with your favourite TV programs, movies and special events.
Closed captioning provides a visual text display of the audio portion of a program as it occurs, whereas subtitles are limited to only transcribing dialogue and some on-screen text.
Broadcasters provide closed captioning in almost all their programming, and the Fibe TV app shows 100% of the closed captions to you. Very few programs originating from Canadian broadcasters or specialty networks do not have closed captioning.
Closed captioning may be useful in various lifestyles and situations, including:
- By persons who are deaf or hard of hearing to enjoy TV programming
- As a tool for people learning English as a second language
- In an environment where audio is difficult to hear or intentionally muted
How to turn on closed captioning on the Fibe TV app:
- While watching a program, touch the CC will enable close captions.They will remain enabled for subsequent programs.
- Touch the same icon again to turn off closed captions.
By setting up a parental control PIN, you can prevent unwanted access to certain TV programming and widgets as well as prevent any unwanted purchases.
(Under the Parental Control drop down menu)
Make a Favourites list to easily access your favourite channels.
To learn how to create a favourites list visit Fibe TV app support, select “Finding a channel or show to watch” and then select “How to create a favourites list”.