for 6 months
$34.95/mo. thereafter on a 3-year term, with a bundle. Equipment fees may apply.1
for 6 months
$44.95/mo. thereafter on a 3-year term, with a bundle. Equipment fees may apply.1
What happens during the free in-home consultation?
Will installation involve much disruption or mess inside my home?
Can I get NextGen for my cottage?
What type of system connection do I need?
You need Bell Aliant Internet, plus a home or cellular phone. (There is an additional charge of $10/mo. for a cellular backup connection.)
What if I don’t own a smartphone or tablet?
What kind of mobile device(s) and platform(s) can I use to access my system?
We support the following devices, platforms and operating systems:
- Windows™ XP SP3, Windows 7, Windows Vista - Chrome 26+, Firefox 20+, Internet Explorer 8+
- Windows™ 8 - Chrome 26+, Firefox 20+, Internet Explorer 10+
- Windows™ RT - Internet Explorer 10
- Mac™ OS X - Chrome 26+, Firefox 20+, Safari 5.1.9+
Other devices and browsers may still work, but are not officially supported.
What happens when an alarm goes off?
What if I trigger a false alarm?
Please note: some municipalities charge for dispatch of emergency services from false alarms.
What happens if an alarm is triggered when I'm away or can't be reached?
What happens when I press the panic or fire alarm buttons on the keypad?
Will my system still work if I lose my power, phone or Internet connection?
- Life-safety monitoring for burglary, fire and environmental incidents will operate on battery power for up to 8 hours, if you have a working telephone line.
- Video monitoring, automation and app controls are not available during a power outage.
- For extra assurance, you can add a wireless backup connection for an extra $10/mo. by calling us at 1 844 474-2023.
- In the unlikely event of a landline phone outage, there will be no communication with the central monitoring station until phone service is restored.
- However, all alarms will be able to sound in your home and your keypad will beep to notify you of the alert for as long as power is available.
- For extra assurance, you can add a wireless backup connection for an extra $10/mo. by calling 1 844 474-2023.
Will my pets set off alarms?
- Our motion sensors are pet-friendly - up to weights of 60 lbs.
- For pets over 60 lbs, we have alternative solutions that we can discuss as part of our no-obligation free home assessment.
How is the video that's captured by my wireless camera(s) kept secure?
Is my system at risk if I lose my smartphone or tablet?
- Your security system is not compromised if you lose your phone.
- Secure authentication is always required to access the NextGen Home Security web portal.
If I move, do I have to pay contract termination fees?
If you subscribe to the Bell Aliant NextGen service at your new address, you do not have to pay contract termination fees.
If I move, will I have to pay to put in a system in my new home?
If you've been a Bell Aliant NextGen customer for at least 24 months:
What happens if I decide to switch from a Standard to a Plus package?
Please call 1 844 474-2023 for more details.
* Certain conditions apply. Not available in all areas. Subject to change without notice. Taxes extra. Service requires either Fibe™ or Bell Aliant High-Speed Internet. Special promotional bundle rate of $15 off of the monthly recurring charge for 6 months available to new customers who order on or before April 30, 2017. Customer must subscribe to a 36-month contract; upon early termination, customer will be charged an early termination fee reflecting the rebate given on equipment, if applicable. Regular bundle rate of $34.95/mo. for “Standard” package for Bell Aliant Bundle customers (regular price $39.95 plus $5 credit for bundle customers) and $44.95/mo. for “Plus” package for Bell Aliant Bundle customers (regular price $49.95 plus $5 credit for bundle customers) thereafter. Regular pricing available to non-bundle customers. For certain promotional offers, customers must opt to receive paperless billing.
Fibe™ and NextGen Home Security™ are trademarks of Bell Canada.